Lessons - Julia is currently recruiting new students in a number of tuition areas. Contact her soon before places are full.
Lessons are usually conducted weekly, during school term time. School children usually will have their lesson before or after school on a weekday. A permanent lesson slot is reserved and paid for each term.
Lessons are usually of 30 minutes, 45 minutes or 60 minutes duration. Most of Julia’s current students have a 45 minute lesson which allows theory, aural etc to be covered as well as practical lesson material.
A 30 minute lesson is fine for a beginner, although 45 minutes is ideal and seems much more efficient than 30 minutes, since it makes the time used arriving/leaving a smaller proportion of the lesson time. A 60 minute lesson is needed by students at or above Grade 4 or those wanting to progress faster. Prices are currently $44 for 30 minutes, $60 for 45 minutes. A second lesson in a week will attract a discount (conditions apply).
When to start lessons
- General musical skills - any time
- Piano/Keyboard - best and most efficient age is 6/7
- Violin - when able to focus and follow instructions, but the younger the better. Parents will need to be involved in lessons for those under 6.
- Woodwind - generally 9 or 10 depending on size of lungs/athletic activities. Recorder at any age
- Singing - at any age when able to focus and follow instructions easily
Feel free to discuss the individual needs of your child however
- Theory tuition
- Harmony tuition
- Composition guidance
- Other instrumental tuition
- Teacher training
- Workshops, both tailor made and otherwise
- Free theory tuition to her enrolled and financial students
- Free sight reading library for the use of her students
- Advice about choosing which instrument to play
- Advice about buying an instrument
- Early childhood music
- One off lessons assisting with other musical matters such as how to start playing the harp/ harmonica
- Literacy, grammar, elocution, public speaking
- Primary & Middle School Mathematics